Pages

Day 44

Horrible pictures, exciting day.

Shannon and I planned for a little girl time. We were going to grab some coffee and chat while our husbands watched the US vs. Canada hockey game. We stopped by the drug store on our way. As we walked out the door I noticed there was money sitting in the ATM. I didn’t know how much, but I paused and told Shannon. I wasn’t really sure what to do. Then I told the clerk. That’s what all goodie-goodies do.

The clerk said, “Well, we have no affiliation with the ATM. We can’t trace who’s been there and we can’t touch it. It’s yours!”

We hesitated. The clerk said something like, “Really, it’s your lucky day!”

It turns out it was a 20 dollar bill. Shannon grabbed it, looked at me, and said, “Let’s go out for a glass of wine instead!”

And that was that. We took our stolen 20 and headed to a bar. We sat at the bar, got a glass of wine, talked about marriage, ate a hot fudge sundae (me) and a cheese plate (Shannon), and followed the hockey game when people around us shouted.

IMG_4816 IMG_4817

1 comment:

  1. Super fun and exciting, but slightly jealous....not of the money...just the quality time.

    ReplyDelete