Pages

Day 200

Beaches and Burritos

We went out for an evening drive to get some burritos and ice cream and stumbled across Colt State Park. It turned out to be a great find! Beautiful parks, trails and coastline.

While we were enjoying the sunset and taking pictures, an odd nice man asked if we wanted him to take a picture of us. I had been familiarizing myself with the settings on our new camera by taking pictures of Andrew, but it probably looked like we were in need of a third person to capture both of us. We’ve all been in situations where we ask a passerby to take a picture for us, so I can understand the guy approaching us to ask if we wanted our picture taken. What I cannot understand is what proceeded to happen.

The quirky man went crazy clicking away on our camera. I wish I hadn’t deleted them all because I don’t know exactly how many he took. I would say there were somewhere between 10 and 20 pictures taken. I think hearing the shutter of the camera must have made him feel like a real photographer because he started to get really into it. Stepping closer. Backing up. Zooming in. Zooming out. Squatting. Giving pose suggestions. Lastly, he told us that we “should cover each other’s eyes. That would be cute, people do that in pictures all the time”. Really?! Really?! You’re a stranger holding our new, fancy camera and you want us to stand on some rocks, away from you, and cover both pairs of eyes who own the camera?!?! I don’t think so. This is the part where I said. “Thanks. You’re done. Hand over the camera.” Politely, of course. And nothing like that actually. But needless to say I was totally freaked out for a good hour or two after he had longed walked away and were driving to get ice cream. It. Was. Weird. And awkward.

 

In fact, I was so creeped out by his demeanor and perhaps trickery that I didn’t even want to look at the pictures to relive the awkward moment. But eventually I did. So here are a few. I realize we look happy. Really happy. Don’t be fooled. We’re shocked and nervously laughing at this man. Maybe it started out all fun and games, but believe me, it was weird! 

Recovery food: ice cream
IMG_1858

1 comment: