Pages

Days 308 – 315

We spent the week of Thanksgiving in Illinois with Andrew’s family.
His parent’s picked us up at the airport in Chicago and after a quick trip into the city we headed north for Wisconsin.
We met up with his sister Rebecca and her fiancé Brad for a short family weekend in Kohler.

kohler_sink

 

For those of you unfamiliar with Kohler it’s the factory town of it’s namesake which manufactures bathroom and kitchen products.
kohler_shower

 
We explored the showrooms and all the cool gadgets that were in them.
kohler

 

When we got back to Illinois, we spent some time with Andrew’s grandparents. I learned how to knit from Grandma Pierson—I’ve got a long way to go before I start knitting sweaters or scarves (see product below), but I was excited to learn. I had learned to crochet as a kid from my grandma and knitting was something I was interested in learning.knitting[I was supposed to be making a square washcloth, but it turned out looking like a pair of bloomers!]

Then we prepared for Thanksgiving.table

 

And Uncle Jeff prepared the turkey.turkey00

 

The fam polished off dinner and then relaxed for a bit.
IMG_47080

 

Early on Thanksgiving morning I had gone with Andrew’s mom to a Thanksgiving Day boot camp. I had no idea how sore I would be. I was unbelievably sore for the next three days (3 days!!). The below photos are from day 1, post-camp. It wasn’t pretty. I could barely walk down the stairs without my quads trying to give way. It was pathetic!stretch

 

Eventually I hobbled all the way down stairs where we were exchanging Christmas gifts with Andrew’s family since we wouldn’t be there for Christmas.IMG_47430

 

My favorite gift was a camera lens that I had been drooling over for months. The pictures below were taken with the new lens as soon as I opened it:)thanksgivmas0

 

We had such a great Thanksgiving and Pre-Christmas celebration. Thanks so much for everything, Jeff and Deanne!

1 comment:

  1. 1. I don't remember ever hearing about the details of this trip.
    2. That Kohler place looks SUPER cool. JMA would love!
    3. Yea....I did think the item you knitted looked like underwear. :/
    4. Dinner set-up looks very nice!
    5. Good for you for giving the boot camp a try.
    6. You are cute!

    ReplyDelete