Pages

Days 352 – 363

Happy New Years! We laid low last night and had a few friends over for dinner.
IMG_5716

 

I saw an adorable lobster set (crackers, butter warmers, chowder bowls) at Crate & Barrel this summer. During my post-Christmas pursuing of the website I found the set on clearance; so I made a deal with Andrew. [He loves lobster so it seemed like it would be an easy bargain.] We already know where the best lobster rolls are, our problem is that it's over an hour drive and the store owners are pretty grumpy/rude. Plus, our off-season visitors miss out since they are only open May – October. Because we have encountered more negative interactions then we’d like to remember, I tried to persuade Andrew into getting the set so we can become experts at making lobster rolls at home for our guests. They seem pretty straight forward to make and we even know the bakery the Grumpys use for the rolls. I figured if we can conquer steaming lobster and smothering it with butter, we’re in business. Andrew obliged. Our package arrived. And we set out to practice. Crab for dinner. [Lobster rolls for Valentine’s Day dinner]

crab

 

We took down our tree. I was so sad to see it go. I kept begging to wait one more weekend. I guess since we kept it well into January, I did pretty well:) IMG_58420

 

More snow.
Snow, snow, snow everywhere.
We went on a little mid-storm expedition to get some pictures.IMG_5904

 

A beautiful snow covered Providence house front.
IMG_5893

 

Andrew’s favorite house. He wants to buy it. It’s not for sale.IMG_5918 

Wickenden Street with a parking ban and snow plow.IMG_5950

 

Andrew wedged his coffee in the snow to stop and throw snow balls.IMG_5974


Aiming at stop signs.IMG_5975

Freshly plowed Benefit StreetIMG_5998

 

Clock tower
IMG_6010

 

Snow

IMG_6011

 

Cable Car Cinema. Their bike racks are made of old movie reels. Cool! IMG_6019

 

Downtown.IMG_6032[We took this from nearly the same spot as I did my first year here]

 

icicles

 

Snow day sledding.  IMG_6096

 

Beautiful colonials. IMG_6116

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so maybe these beautiful pictures are why you still live there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Yea. It's not so bad most of the year!

    ReplyDelete